Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017!

The start of another year brings the start of another cleanse for me!  I do a cleanse for the month of January each year and it always feels like a great way to reset and a positive way to start off the new year.
A cleanse can look differently for each person.  My regular diet doesn't include meat or dairy or eggs or refined sugar and during the cleanse, I also remove gluten, unrefined sweeteners, prepared/processed food, nightshades, soy.  I focus on whole foods prepared at home and there are still loads of foods to choose from!
The above picture is of my AM smoothie ingredients.  I use 1 green apple, 1 cup leafy greens (I generally just use 1 leaf and today's leaf equalled more than 1 cup!), 2 inches of cucumber, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 3/4 cup water.  I place all these ingredients in a blender and the smoothie is ready to drink pretty quickly!  Please note the 1 tbsp measurements are done with an eating tbsp (which is smaller than a true measuring tbsp) and are more of an approximate each day.  I have this AM smoothie even while not on the cleanse and luckily it is also cleanse friendly, so I don't have to make any adjustments!
I hope to post more regularly during the cleanse with cleanse friendly suggestions as well as general health focused posts.
Sending wishes to everyone for a new year that is filled with continued learning and growth.  All the best for 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment