Friday, January 25, 2013

My favourite volunteer position ever!!

Even though this post does not directly relate to cleanse friendly recipes or wholistic health, it does cover an activity that is a crucial part of my self care routine.  As a way to support and strengthen my overall health, I have long enjoyed the grounding and fulfilling activity of volunteering.  I have volunteered in a variety of different places over the years, from the Grey Nuns hospital gift shop (my first volunteer position) to the Saving Animals From Euthanasia (SAFE) team adoption center which is where I currently have been volunteering for the past 2 years.  Working with the cats (all of whom have either been rescued from Alberta pounds or from the streets - the above picture is of beautiful Lucy one of the current SAFE team cats) at the adoption center is my favorite volunteer position ever - I look forward to spending time with them every week.  I think it is important for all of us to build activities into our lives that help us change our regular pace of life and give us an insight into the goodness that surrounds us.  The SAFE team cats provide me with this opportunity every week.  In addition to being a great organization to volunteer with, SAFE team is also an excellent place to adopt forever family member cats from.  If you are interested in learning more about SAFE team, check out their website http://www.safeteam.ca.  As well, SAFE team will be holding their main fundraising event, Comedy for Claws comedy night and silent auction, on April 23 2013.  If you would like to purchase tickets or donate an item to the silent auction, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment