Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!


With the start of another year, I am also starting my yearly January cleanse for 2011. Because I don't think I can come up with another 31 brand new recipes, I will be posting less often with this cleanse, but I will be sure to share any yummy new recipes that I try.

During the cleanse, I will be starting my day with a morning smoothie (see Jan 1, 2010 blog post for recipe) - I recently picked up some frozen cherries and they are a great addition to the smoothie! To reduce the amount of cooking/food preparation required during the cleanse, I will be generally having leftovers from the previous night's supper for lunch.

Tonight I had a pretty simple supper (see picture to the left) of chickpeas, rice soba noodles (I have recently discovered a new gluten free soba noodle by King Soba - tonight I had the pumpkin, ginger, and rice variety and I added fresh parsley and green onions to the noodles after they were cooked), stir fried veggies (which consisted of onions, garlic, crimini mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, green beans, and collard greens), and a ginger lime almond butter sauce (which consisted of 1 lime, freshly squeezed, 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed, 1 - 2 tbsp of ginger, freshly grated, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/8 tsp sea salt, 2 tbsp almond butter, all mixed together in a glass bowl). After the meal was dished up, it was seasoned with flax oil and sea salt and it was a quick and delicious way to start the cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment