Friday, January 29, 2010

Final Lucky Friday!


For the twenty ninth day of the cleanse, I started with a fruit smoothie (blueberries, blackberries, banana) for breakfast and then had the quinoa and steamed vegetables from last night's supper for lunch. For supper, I started with a red leaf lettuce, dandelion greens, and arugula salad and then lucked out and was able to have leftovers from earlier in the week again. Tonight, I had the zucchini boat stir fry and coconut rice, which I heated in the oven -once the casserole dish was removed from the oven, I added chopped carrots to increase the amount of vegetables in the meal. I also made hummus from chickpeas that were cooked earlier in the day (see Jan 1 post for hummus recipe and see picture to the left) and cut up extra carrots to have for lunch tomorrow. I am happy to say the final Friday of the cleanse was another low key and easy food preparation day!

2 comments: